Together with Viktor Kuzev, we have developed a new Autodesk® Revit® plugin called Auto Finishes that automates the tedious task of creating room finishes. The main features are the creation of separate floors, walls, and ceilings automatically for selected rooms in a project. You can add finish to all rooms in one go if you wish. Curtain walls and room separators are ignored but the column and wall edges are “coated” with the selected wall type. Additionally, this plugin can be used to create skirting boards around the edges of a room. Other features include:
- Automatic creation of floors, walls, and ceilings at the same time.
- Use formatted Metric and Imperial units and formulas everywhere in Autodesk® Revit®.
- Select ranges of rooms with advanced filters.
- Give warning of types of walls that are too wide.
- Joined finished geometry with the main walls.
- Creates wall finishes around columns and wall edges.
You can also check the video showcasing the features of the plugin here: